Author Topic: Weighing and scales  (Read 9626 times)

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
Re: Weighing and scales
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 02:33:17 AM »
Mostly all the digital scales do have re callibration option.
So as said by peter accuracy is no an issue.

However for more less weight measurements various scales of same brands are available.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline JoeYuk

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 06:37:12 PM »
I had gifted a coin to an avid 1921 Morgan dollar collector.  It was a discovery piece of a new VAM so he was quite pleased.  The coin had no significant value but he appreciated it as an unattributed variety.   In return he sent me a tool used to identify clashed Morgan dollars.  It consists of two clear circular pieces of plastic connected in the center so they rotate independently.  An image of the obverse and reverse is attached.  While viewing the obverse the reverse shows thru to reveal where clash marks would be.  And vice versa.  Also it can be rotated to show what clash marks would appear in rotated dies.  I also included a pic of my micrometer and scale.

Offline GSDykes

• Often, Against the Current
    • INFORMATION  FOR  ALL THEOLOGIANS
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 08:16:09 AM »
Here is a link (below) to view and print a free PDF file which I made. It is a handy chart of various coin alloys and their specific gravities. It also shows the S.G. of common elements as well as information on alloyed silver (Ag) coins. It is free to view, read, download and print (landscape format). Enjoy. Share.

www.Biblical-data.org/GSDykes_Specific_gravity_tests.pdf

Gary in Washington
A Christian Man Married to a Christian Woman