Author Topic: Upcoming Book on South Korean Coins  (Read 141 times)

Offline Verify-12

• Circulation Coins of the Republic of Korea
Upcoming Book on South Korean Coins
« on: November 04, 2021, 03:01:58 PM »
After some time researching and writing, I have submitted a manuscript on South Korean coins to iAsure Publishing (Journal of East Asian Numismatics: JEAN) in Taipei.

Go here, to pages 35 and 36, to read a promotional article on the book: Go to Issuu (online magazine), and search " jeandigitala1 " and the Twenty-fourth Issue.  Or navigate here: https://issuu.com/jeandigitala1/docs/the_24th_issue_of_jean

We are looking to have it in print by early/mid-2022.

You can show your interest in the book by emailing JEAN at championghka@gmail.com . Include your full name and the words, "Korean Coin book" in the subject line. I'm not trying to sell the book here, just give my publisher an idea of how many people might simply be interested in such a book. It is not for sale now.

I have a few people at worldofcoins.eu to thank for their intellectual stimulation and friendly conversation over the past few years.
Thank you very much!

(A preliminary book cover idea):

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Upcoming Book on South Korean Coins
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 11:35:41 AM »
Congratulations, Mark. I have done a number of long illustrated texts (I hesitate to call them books) so I think I can claim to know how it feels like. Mind that the deed isn't done before you receive the first copy, but it is a relief. You know how a bird feels when it has produced an egg.

While I am curious to know more (would you consider posting a table of contents?), I know from your posts that you are a thorough and capable researcher, so the book is worthwhile. I am grateful WoC inspired you. That's exactly what we aim to do: nudge people a bit farther in their endeavours with a nourishing environment.

When the book is out, you could consider a presentation about it in one of our monthly online events. I remember other authors who took that route and how their presentations clarified their creative, innovative approach...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Verify-12

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 09:05:44 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, Peter.

You had helped me quite a bit with a few questions that I had, and your knowledge of numismatics along with your experiences were highly informative and entertaining.
Thank you for all your help over the past few years.   WoC was indeed an inspiration.

I will attach a TOC below.

I might consider a presentation, but I'd like to know what people are interested in to make it worthwhile.

In Appreciation,
Mark Lovmo

Offline Verify-12

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 01:00:18 PM »
Here's a video about the upcoming release of this new book: