France to change the designs on its 1 and 2 euro coins

Started by eurocoin, July 18, 2021, 06:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurocoin

Interesting! The dotted parts of the background don't look that good on these 2 images. I was hoping for so many small dots that it would create a kind ofmatte/dull effect, making the design at the center stand out more. Hopefully that aspect looks better on the minted coins, although it remains a rayther nice design.

Pabitra

Quote from: chrisild on December 10, 2021, 11:03:48 AM
Those are not ECB guidelines but European Union law ;) (Regulation 729/2014),

If the said law was enacted/ passed/ notified/ gazetted in 2014 then which authority/ Union/ organisation directed/ ordered/ requested/ forced Belgium in 2007 and Spain in 2009, to clear up the ring on their circulation coins?

chrisild

Quote from: Pabitra on December 11, 2021, 05:06:05 AM
If the said law was enacted/ passed/ notified/ gazetted in 2014 then which authority/ Union/ organisation directed/ ordered/ requested/ forced Belgium in 2007 and Spain in 2009, to clear up the ring on their circulation coins?

Guess it worked as in other cases ...

– Hmm, wouldn't it be nice if the rings on the country-specific sides showed only the stars, and in the way they are arranged on the European flag?

– Yeah, fine. Let's do that.

(Countries A and B modify their designs.)

– OK, what about you, C and D?

– Well, some time later ... maybe ... no hurry.

– Errm, seems we need to turn the recommendation into a mandatory rule then!

– Whaaat? Our coins are just fine the way they are, and newly designed issues (commems) comply with the new standard anyway.

– Yes, but at some point even the existing designs should - -

– Since you guys just won't shut up: Give us 50 years, the average lifetime of a coin, and we will modify our designs by then.

And that is why we have the 2062 deadline. :)

Figleaf

:D :D :D So true to how those guys in Brussels actually react  :D :D :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Pabitra

Quote from: eurocoin on December 09, 2021, 06:47:59 PM
I noticed that there are 2 different types of leaves depicted on the coin. Apparently they are oak and olive leaves.

The design is based on The coat of arms of France which depicts a lictor's fasces upon branches of laurel and oak, as well as a ribbon bearing the national motto of Liberté, égalité, fraternité. The arms were created in 1905 by heraldic painter-engraver Maurice de Meyère, and adopted by the French government.

Pabitra

The actual coin is much better and cleaner looking than its predecessor

chrisild

Figleaf

I received some 2 euro pieces in change, looking like they are fresh out of a roll. Anyone interested?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

redlock

Quote from: Figleaf on March 01, 2022, 01:20:23 PM
I received some 2 euro pieces in change, looking like they are fresh out of a roll. Anyone interested?

Peter

Yes, I am.

Figleaf