France to change the designs on its 1 and 2 euro coins

Started by eurocoin, July 18, 2021, 06:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

Quote from: eurocoin on August 26, 2021, 03:49:08 PMDisclosing the document would undermine the

... government's plan to launch a "new designs" campaign whenever it wants.  ;D

Christian

redlock

Quote from: eurocoin on August 26, 2021, 03:49:08 PM
I wonder why France did not yet issue the new coins this year.

The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and all the problems it has been causing? Who knows...

Angus

Quote from: eurocoin on July 28, 2021, 12:49:55 PM
Let's just say that the redesigned 1 and 2 euro coins will be unveiled in October.

We're running out of October and there's no sign of them that I can see...

CannedMeat

Quote from: Angus on October 29, 2021, 02:55:27 PM
We're running out of October and there's no sign of them that I can see...
Have patience. The new coins probably have a Halloween-themed design and will be announced tomorrow.

eurocoin

In the world of coins, very little has gone according to plan since the beginning of the pandemic.

Pabitra

Quote from: eurocoin on July 28, 2021, 12:49:55 PM
Let's just say that the redesigned 1 and 2 euro coins will be unveiled in October.

October 2021 is gone. May be numis mag still waiting to copy the exclusive information from WoC.

eurocoin

Quote from: Pabitra on November 16, 2021, 04:34:28 AM
October 2021 is gone. May be numis mag still waiting to copy the exclusive information from WoC.

Just READ what I wrote above. Numismag indeed copies lots of information and publishes it as if they are the ones who did the research. There is a special place in hell for such people.

eurocoin

Photo of the new standard circulating 2 euro coin of France:

Angus

Finally!  Not hugely different to the previous one though - the previous tree has grown some leaves!

Presumably the 1 euro will be the same?

eurocoin

Quote from: Angus on December 09, 2021, 04:46:42 PM
Finally!  Not hugely different to the previous one though - the previous tree has grown some leaves!

Presumably the 1 euro will be the same?

It does not look bad. More modern. But indeed the same theme again. And yes, the 1 euro coin will depict the same design. During the unveiling event, the focuss was on the 2 euro coin though and that is probably because they are not going to mint 1 euros for circulation.

Tirant

I like the new design, it looks more modern, as eurocoin said. After 20 years, i think it's time for a major change, not only for these two french coins...

eurocoin

I noticed that there are 2 different types of leaves depicted on the coin. Apparently they are oak and olive leaves.

chrisild

Thanks for the image! Yes, oak and olive leaves, it seems - the 2 francs coins also had both. The new design is a little less cluttered; I am not thrilled but not disappointed either.  ;)

Pabitra

The extra design on the ring has also been removed, in order to better comply with ECB guidelines.

chrisild

Those are not ECB guidelines but European Union law ;) (Regulation 729/2014), and every euro area country needs to have "compliant" coins – by 2062, hehe. So the countries that have not adapted their coins so far can do that in the next 40 years. That also gives France some time to deal with the cent denominations ...