Collection of UK error coins up for auction

Started by eurocoin, May 23, 2021, 05:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurocoin

A beautiful set of 15 error coins of the exquisite Beeston collection is currently up for auction on eBay. Mr Beeston is the owner of the finest collection of UK error coins in the world. Almost all of the coins are in NGC slabs. The auction ends on Wednesday.

eurocoin

Yet another part of the Beeston collection of UK error coins is now up for auction on eBay.

eurocoin

More very special British error coins from the Beeston Collection are now for sale on eBay.

brandm24

Some special and interesting coins, eurocoin. I'm particularly impressed by the triple struck 1998 50p and the struck-through 1982-84 50p. The obverse is especially intriguing. While the struck-through object can sometimes be identified, this one is a mystery to me. Looks like a thin strip of metal, maybe.

While error coins are an interest of mine, I never collected them seriously. I did have a small number of American Civil War tokens that had various errors on them. Since these were privately minted they were more prone to errors than official mint strikes.

I hadn't seen this thread before but just stumbled on it as I was searching older WoC threads. I'm always finding new and interesting discussions here. Thanks for this one.

Bruce
Always Faithful

eurocoin

A new part of the Beeston collection is now up for sale. Again, very special errors. Have a look here.