News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

No free beer for ladies?

Started by brandm24, April 04, 2021, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandm24

This makeshift beer token is made from an 1886 US Nickel. The interesting part is that the word Cents in the denomination has been changed to Gents. Apparently, the free beer isn't available to the ladies. ???

BTW, the 1886 Liberty Head Nickel is quite scarce in the series and would buy quite a few beers today.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Figleaf

Whoever made the inscription ONE BEER used a tool that was different from that used to alter the C, probably a rusty nail, perhaps a long unwashed pubic hair. In the mind, dulled by alcohol and under-usage, there is a very direct connection between beer intake and the need for personal hygiene facilities. In fact, I remember that connection all too well from my student days. In fact, what does the aforementioned dulled mind do while the pressure is literally flowing away? Right. It studies the hair and devises new ways to use it.

To illustrate my enlightening experience with suchlike issues while studying in Amsterdam, please read the learned text here.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

brandm24

Now that's something new to me. :laughing:

Bruce
Always Faithful