News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Swedish coffee tokens

Started by Figleaf, February 06, 2021, 08:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

This token is familiar territory. In the beginning, there was the Danish company Dagma. It had a significant relationship with Dutch company Douwe Egberts. More info here, scroll down to IMO5.

This token is an apparently young (judging from the Sporrong logo) offspring of their togetherness in Sweden. I already had tokens with the moccomat side also on the reverse in copper and brass and I'd filed them under B├╝rlow. Only now do I find that this place doesn't exist. So what is it? Their agent? The company token ordering guy? More important: in which town IS the HQ of Moccomat, Douwe Egberts or Sara Lee in Sweden?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

scroggs

This is probably the dealer for the vending machines in Sweden in 1971 at least, taken from the same list as the PNA adress ,Handelskalander 1971

Figleaf

Good stuff, scroggs. Thank you..

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.