News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Telephone tokens of Argentina

Started by Indomini16, January 24, 2021, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indomini16

Hi,

As I am organising my collection by french alphabetic order, so after Germany and Andorra comes Argentina, so if you want I can fill the content if someone can create me the landing page :-)

andyg

always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Indomini16

Thanks for your efforts and Figleaf. It take a bit more time thn expected because I'm used to scan ny tokens by conveniency but Idon't like the result on groove tokens so I decided to make a light boz with few things I have at home and few bucks of stuff in amazon, so let me few days more and I will complete the Argentinian catalogue.

Figleaf

You don't need anything complicated, Indomini. Just a smart phone and a whiskey glass. It's a bit of a read and many embedded pictures are now missing, but in this thread you can find out how this group came up with a great solution for photographing coins with a smart phone, using a whiskey glass as a stand and using shadows and slants to make pictures of even the most difficult to photograph coins and tokens.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Indomini16

After a long pause I finally finished this part :-) With only few pictures I can't find anywhere.

Figleaf

The page and its variants pages are a low threshold thing of beauty, Indomini. You have made them into a valuable collector's resource.

My experience is that if you just relax and look again for pictures in six months or so, you find new stuff. It helps to search Google in the local language. Google translate is your friend.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Indomini16

I don't know what happen, but several tokens are now missing and varieties pages are not working anymore ...

Figleaf

I had no trouble accessing the varieties pages, except that the one for #13 seems unfinished. Are you still having problems?

Peter

Indomini16

Yes, I miss something like 5 tokens, I can see them on the history but can't copy them back.

Figleaf

Can you give me the file names of those tokens, please?

Peter

Figleaf

I think I got it straightened out. I tested the varieties page, but there still seem to be mixed messages in the TAR09 and TAR13 listings and one variant had a varieties page for TAR13 that didn't show up later. Please check and let me know if there remains stuff to repair.

Peter

Indomini16

Quote from: Figleaf on November 30, 2022, 03:25:00 PMI think I got it straightened out. I tested the varieties page, but there still seem to be mixed messages in the TAR09 and TAR13 listings and one variant had a varieties page for TAR13 that didn't show up later. Please check and let me know if there remains stuff to repair.

Peter
It's all cleared now! Thanks a lot :-)