Author Topic: Telephone tokens of Germany  (Read 331 times)

Offline Indomini16

Telephone tokens of Germany
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:17:00 AM »
I have a collection of German telephone tokens and I could help with the fill in of a new category but I need that someone create the new category.
In Germany their is :
Reich tokens
Federal republic
Democratic republic
Regional tokens

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Telephone tokens of Germany
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:58:23 AM »
I set up an intro page with links and a model for a listing you can copy/paste. To create a new page or upload a picture, click a red link. Let me know if I can help.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »
Here is a useful German image. Zinc
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline Indomini16

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 11:35:24 PM »
Thanks you guys. I just realised when I started that the only image I didn't take of my tokens is the one of the Deutsche Reichpost ...
I will continu little by little.
I hope you like the first page I edited on this new section.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:26:22 AM »
Looks quite promising. I am curious to see more. The local issues are not easy to find.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Indomini16

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:40:58 AM »
Yes, I only have a few of them...

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 12:56:40 PM »
Ask help from WoC members, notably jezuss, parkingtokens and malj1. Search on the net. Make sure the pictures are free of rights (I think illustrations of online sales are free of rights) or you have permission to use. Mark photo source of photos with permission or sourced from WoC members in the "notes" field of the table. As a bonus, you may find people you can trade with. Being a WoT contributor has its advantages :)

Peter

Offline Indomini16

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 03:03:47 PM »
All the pictures I uploaded until now are mine :-) so they are free to use in WOT.
With the information I have, it seems that the parts below are now complete:
Germany as unitary state
and
Federal Republic of Germany

Please fell free to modify if you have more on these parts go ahead :-)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:48:48 PM by Indomini16 »

Offline Indomini16

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »
Now I am a bit blocked because  I don't own more tokens than the ones I upload. I will receive another local issue from Munich these days but for the others city I just found 1 on Ebay but the others I don't find pictures ... And the one from DDR I can't find it neither ...

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 09:23:29 AM »
Just create and complete the tables when you have the time so that only the pictures are missing. You can add the "camera" traffic sign where appropriate to invite people to contribute pictures and the "works" traffic sign to give you the pleasure to remove it when you are happy with page minus illustrations.

Do place the picture from eBay. It is by definition free of rights as its only function is to help sell the piece. Also, we have generous and appreciated permission to use pictures from the web site of jezuss. A site to check regularly is MA-shops.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:46:59 AM by Figleaf »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 09:26:28 AM »
Great find. The texts can be selected, so you can easily read them with Google Translate. On pages 2 and 3 is an article on test tokens for Deutsche Post (BRD) and Deutsche Post (DDR) phone booths.

Peter

Offline Indomini16

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 10:22:27 PM »
Do you understand if the test tokens of page 2 and 3 are for DDR or for BRD? It's not clear  to me.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 11:06:29 PM »
The article treats two series. The first was issued by Fernmeldetechnischen Zentralamt (FTZ) in Darmstadt (mentioned on the intro page). These are for the BRD (3 illustrations). They were used from 1950, with the introduction of the coin telephone machine MünzFw 57. This machine accepted three coins: 10 pfennig, 50 pfennig and 1 Mark. The first illustration (7183) is for the mechanism for the Mark. Number 7184 is for the 50 pfenning while 7185 and 7186 are also for 1 Mark coins, differing only for the numbers. The author doesn't explain the numbers. My understanding is that the last two numbers (71, 73 and 74) are years in the 20th century.

The second series was issued by Deutsche Post for use in East Germany (2 illustrations). I am struggling with the countermark BDP. I think DP is for Deutsche Post, but can't explain the B.

Congratulations on having created all pages in record time. I will toast to your health tonight.

Peter

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 01:53:00 AM »
The second series was issued by Deutsche Post for use in East Germany (2 illustrations). I am struggling with the countermark BDP. I think DP is for Deutsche Post, but can't explain the B.

Apparently that means either "Bezirksamt der Deutschen Post" or "Bezirksdirektion Post". For the first version see here; the second one is listed here. In any case, between 1952 and 1990 the GDR was divided into 14 Bezirke, and I guess that BDP refers to the postal service in one Bezirk.

Christian