Dehli sultnate, Ibrahim Shah Lodi, BI 1/4 Tanka, G&G#D713

Started by mti, December 27, 2020, 11:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mti

Good evening...!!!
Sorry, I cant' recall where I got this coin (Indian coins lots or simply unknown coins lots)... but here it is and here's what I know about it:
Metal - Copper / Weight - 2.8g / Size - 12-13mm...
It has sharp details but I would like for some one to read the texts on both side... Perhaps, it will give us an idea as to where to look on Zeno and such...
So thank you in advance for your help...!!!  :))

asm

"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

mti

Thank you for your feedback... :))  but which Sultanate do you mean...?!?!  Delhi or other...?!?!

mti

Hello everyone again... :))  thanks to my friend from Ancient Indian Numismatics forum we were able to find this https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=139105
It's a match...!!!  I have to note that my coin above is heavier and I didn't think to search Zeno with lower weights, instead I put values to be a little higher... and it produced no results...
so FYI: bare in mind, when searching Zeno - consider putting values on the lower end - lower than your coin in question and on the high end - higher... the same goes for the sizes of your coin...
Thank you asm for helping:  it is indeed a Delhi Sultanate coin - 1/4 of Tanka...

Figleaf

Well done, mti! You gain experience from finding an identification yourself.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.