Author Topic: "Eagle" 2 x 2" coin holders...out of production  (Read 234 times)

Offline Alan Glasser

• Meritorious Member
"Eagle" 2 x 2" coin holders...out of production
« on: November 20, 2020, 11:07:12 PM »
Hello, Everybody.

Many years back, I discovered rigid 2" x 2" plastic coin holders in various sizes manufactured by "Eagle". These were made in both black and white and consisted of 2 snap together sides into which 2 clear plastic inserts were placed before sealing the 2 sides. Eagle also made special semi-rigid pages that held 20 holders as well as slab pages that held 9 slabs. Both types of pages would fit into a standard notebook. I wrote the manufacturer and he advised that the holders were no longer being made because the mold broke. In my collecting heyday, I found these holders to be excellent. I have a small supply of each size remaining but now that I'm collecting Composer Coins again on a limited basis, I don't want to run out.

Does anyone know where these can still be purchased?

Alan

Online brandm24

• BR & M
  • Honorary Member
Re: "Eagle" 2 x 2" coin holders...out of production
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 10:48:49 AM »
While I don't have any left that I know of (I'll look around) I used to use them quite a bit. They gave a nice look to my collection.
I'm not sure if they're still sold, Alan, but I'll look around for you.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Online brandm24

• BR & M
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »
I think this is what you're looking for, Alan. I buy all my coin supplies from these people.

Bruce       https://brooklyngallery.com/eagle-2x2-holder-nickel-size-in-black.html
Always Faithful

Offline Alan Glasser

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 07:08:23 PM »
Hello, Everybody. Thank you for your info on "Eagle" rigid plastic 2" x 2" holders. Brandm24, thank you for locating a potential source. I am well familiar with Brooklyn Galleries. I used to buy all of my supplies and books from them. Always had excellent results. I will return to their site when my supply of the holders runs low.

Thank you, everyone. Be safe and well.

Alan   U.S.A.  Gee...I wonder who my President-elect is today?!?!?!