Isla Perrone - what is it?

Started by Alex Island, October 20, 2020, 01:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Island

Isla Perrone - what is it? I could not find this island on the map..
Could it be the complexity of the language? ???

All islands around the world & islands coin

malj1

Seems to be from Argentina I can't read the language but rio lujan is the river.

Isla Perrone is perhaps a person or a locale. or the building shown on the reverse.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

FosseWay

"Votive chapel in Isla Perrone on the River Luján in El Tigre. January 1900. Aro V. Meano."

The last part after 1900 would appear to be a personal name, whether of the priest, the engraver or someone else I don't know.

The Rio Luján today forms the northern border of the Buenos Aires metropolitan area. There is an area called Tigre on its south bank. I can't find an island (or anything else) in the area called Perrone, but the whole area is very wet and low-lying and there are many islands formed by branches of the river. In the past I imagine there were more, before the land occupied by the suburbs of BA was reclaimed.

Alex Island

Quote from: FosseWay on October 20, 2020, 07:18:29 AM
"Votive chapel in Isla Perrone on the River Luján in El Tigre. January 1900. Aro V. Meano."
The Rio Luján today forms the northern border of the Buenos Aires metropolitan area. There is an area called Tigre on its south bank. I can't find an island (or anything else) in the area called Perrone, but the whole area is very wet and low-lying and there are many islands formed by branches of the river.

I also looked at the maps, and looked at wikipedia, and I could not find any mention of this church, or an island with that name. If it was possible to find this structure on the map, or information about it, then the island on which it is located would become visible. However, I have not yet been able to find ..
All islands around the world & islands coin

malj1

The name is written on the reverse below the building...
Malcolm

chrisild

Right, that name is Constante Rossi. But ... does that help? I looked and did not find anything either. ;)  There is an amusement park where the Tigre river enters the Luján river, but no island and no church, it seems.

Christian

malj1

Sorry that's a mares nest. Apparently its by master Argentine engraver Constante Rossi!

See here
Malcolm