News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Monaco 2020: Honoré III

Started by chrisild, October 19, 2020, 11:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

This year Monaco will issue a commemorative €2 coin dedicated to Prince Honoré III. He was born in 1720, thus 300 years ago. More "later" ...

Christian

chrisild

This proof coin can be had as from tomorrow (20 October) at 10 in the morning (CEST), online only. Attached is an image from the web store site. Don't know what the price will be. One piece per (registered) customer only.

Christian

chrisild

A couple of days ago, in a different topic dealing with coins from Monaco, I wrote that, in the English version of the announcement only, the pieces are called "beautiful". :D Well, the MTM (Musée des Timbres et des Monnaies) did it again - and now I believe it is due to the translation:

In French they write about >une pièce commémorative (...) de qualité "Belle Epreuve"< , thus a commemorative piece of BE (proof) quality. Now the English version refers to >A beautiful 2€ proof coin (...) commemorating (...)"<. I guess that the "belle" part of BE simply becomes "beautiful" ...

Edit: Mintage will be 15,000 - and according to well educated guesses based on last year's prices, we can expect the coin to have a price tag of about 150 euro. (Or more this year? Who knows.) That covers the piece, certificate and box, see the attached image from the MTM website, and last but absolutely not least, postage.

Christian

Figleaf

Quote from: chrisild on October 19, 2020, 11:36:55 AM
In French they write about >une pièce commémorative (...) de qualité "Belle Epreuve"< , thus a commemorative piece of BE (proof) quality. Now the English version refers to >A beautiful 2€ proof coin (...) commemorating (...)"<. I guess that the "belle" part of BE simply becomes "beautiful" ...

:D I suppose that same translator would translate TTB (Très très beau - very fine) as very much beautiful >:D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Angus

I *think* I have successfully ordered one having been about number 4000 in the queue when I started.  A bit of a panic that I had to register on the website to check out.

chrisild

Well, I will not receive any ... simply because I did not order one. ;) Price was €120 plus shipping; the latter would have been €35 to Germany. From what I have read, the MTM (or whoever processes the payment) was once again very picky regarding which credit cards they will accept and what they do not like. Hope you will ultimately get yours!

Christian

Bimat

Received an offer with a price tag of €190 (Shipping and PayPal fees extra), so total would be close to €215. As always, will give it a pass... :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.