Author Topic: RBI To Introduce Polymer Banknotes  (Read 17155 times)

Offline akhedia

Re: RBI To Introduce Polymer Banknotes
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »
I have received fake Rs 10 banknotes couple of times..the paper was thicker but of much lower quality than that or original note. You can feel the difference just by touching it. Still have one lying somewhere here..

Aditya

Never came across a fake Banknote in small denomination. It would be great if you could post a picture

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
RBI To Introduce Polymer Banknotes
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012, 05:51:51 PM »
I'm trying to find it but efforts in vain so far..Actually my Mom had got it in change and she immediately noticed something strange with it and since I collect weird things ;D she gave it to me..I'm 99% sure it was fake. The paper quality was so bad that I wonder if it was a color printout on a thick paper? Gotta find it now.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline $$

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 06:06:03 AM »
Even i do have 2 notes of 10 Rs signed by R.N.Malhotra

Samir
S
  S
     S

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »
Never came across a fake Banknote in small denomination. It would be great if you could post a picture

Your wish is fulfilled.  ;) ;)
Here are fake currency Notes of 1, 2 and 10 rupees.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline akhedia

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 07:02:36 AM »
Thanx Abhay........Lovely notes.........Looks as if lot of different Rupper stamps have been used for the serial nos, Signatures etc ;D

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 07:14:05 AM »

Here are fake currency Notes of 1, 2 and 10 rupees.

Paper , color , ink color & crude serial nos with signature can easily differentiate these fake notes  from genuine one.

Early I posted here ,  In India most of fakes currency of small denomination are being circulated in big whole sale & retail vegetable /fruits markets (usually in north part nomenclature as  Subzi mandi's)

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline Mackie

• Mumbai, India
  • Meritorious Member
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »
Reminds me of the fake currency we use in most of the Indian board games.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Mackie

Offline aarkay

• Errors....Errors.....and Errors
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »
Hi….

Will these be with the distinctive water marks,security thread and other usual safety measures..... will the Polymer Banknotes be for all the notes or only lower denomination notes...will it be easy to counterfeit……a few questions bothering me….as it is the transport organization BEST in Bombay refuses to accept 500 and 1000 rupee note for tickets and if forced to accept to get  the balance change one has to visit the BEST HQ to fill up a form (thankfully not in duplicate ;D )giving personal details along with the note number etc……a cumbersome process indeed   >:D

Aarkay

Why worry about dead yesterdays and unborn tomorrows….live in the present…a present for you today…

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
Great Abhay ... didn't knew that there were fakes in Rs 1 and Rs 2 denomination ...

I have come across fakes of Rs 20 and Rs 50 in circulation ... too bad didn't keep this aside ...
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Offline Anupam Agrawal

• Anupam Agrawal's World
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
With poorer countries already introduced polymer banknotes years ago, its a shame that the Reserve Bank of one of the fastest developing country has succeeded in only creating hype and still the note is not released.

We all know about forgery threat with Indian banknotes, but still its the weakness of the officials and the government that we are kept waiting for such thing which has already been in circulation in various countries.  ???
Anupam Agrawal
Just started my adventure in the enchanting world of coins and currencies.

Offline @josephjk

• Honorary Member
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »

Offline Enlil

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2013, 07:00:42 AM »
Actually, the only third world country that has a full set of polymer is Vietnam, PNG. And most countries still do not issue in polymer. With only Australia, New Zealand, Romania and the two above issuing a full set. And the best thing, the world leading and most advanced economy has problems putting a little colour into their banknotes.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
RBI To Introduce Polymer Banknotes
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 07:18:20 AM »
And the best thing, the world leading and most advanced economy has problems putting a little colour into their banknotes.

LOL! >:D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2013, 01:09:43 PM »
Actually, the only third world country that has a full set of polymer is Vietnam, PNG. And most countries still do not issue in polymer. With only Australia, New Zealand, Romania and the two above issuing a full set.

Papua New Guinean Kina are now issued in a full set.

A new issue of banknotes has been issued starting with the 50 kina in 1999, then the 100 kina in 2005, and 20 kina in 2007 and the 5 and 10 kina in 2008. This makes all the denominations of the kina issued in polymer.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline Enlil

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2013, 04:39:56 AM »
Papua New Guinean Kina are now issued in a full set.

A new issue of banknotes has been issued starting with the 50 kina in 1999, then the 100 kina in 2005, and 20 kina in 2007 and the 5 and 10 kina in 2008. This makes all the denominations of the kina issued in polymer.
I included PNG, but I would like to know what the poeple there think of polymer!