Author Topic: Fornbyklint Sweden Lift Token  (Read 64 times)

Offline artsmith

Fornbyklint Sweden Lift Token
« on: July 28, 2020, 09:35:58 AM »
Token from Fornbyklint, Sweden. Brass. 27.5mm. I am not sure if it was used to ride the skilift or just a souvenir token. Piccolo Liften translates as small lift.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Fornbyklint Sweden Lift Token
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:06 AM »
Found no information. It seems a bit too large for a piece operating a turnstile and the red circle on the reverse suggests glue, which would be something you might expect of a souvenir. I like the clean lines of the design, suggesting depth and beaming a holiday feeling. There's nothing wrong with a piping hot Glühwein on a cold night with a cloudless sky.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline artsmith

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »
Yes, I was thinking it is probably a souvenir token. But I do really like the scene.

Art

Offline FosseWay

• Honorary Member
  • Göteborg, Sverige
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »
Fornby Klint certainly has a lift, so I see no reason why this token should not be regarded as a token for that lift. However, I can't find current references to "Piccololiften". Piccolo does indeed mean "little", but not in Swedish. I therefore suspect that it is the name of a specific lift, possibly aimed at kids, that no longer exists, rather than simply the smaller/smallest of various lifts.