Author Topic: Coins of the British Commonwealth - Euro coins of Ireland.  (Read 2154 times)

BC Numismatics

Coins of the British Commonwealth - Euro coins of Ireland.
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:39:24 AM »
Here's a section that will be of interest to both collectors of British Commonwealth coins & those who are collecting Euro coins.

Although Ireland withdrew from the British Commonwealth in April 1949,this has not affected the popularity of the coins of the Republic of Ireland among British Commonwealth numismatists.

It is easy to find the Irish Euro coins of the 2002 issue,but how hard is it to find the Irish Euro coins that have been issued since 2003? I have found a battered 2004 1 Euro-Cent & a well circulated 2005 5 Euro-Cent coin kicking around in a bulk lot of loose Euro change that my boss,who is a coin dealer,bought off someone who popped in off the street.I ended up being forced to import a set of the loose 2007 coins from Ireland,& had to pay a slight premium for them.The guy I bought them off threw in the Irish Treaty of Rome 2 Euros at face value,which was a real pleasant surprise.

Aidan.

BC Numismatics

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 10:57:49 PM »
Someone did me a favour when they sent my boss some Euro coins for spending at the Maastricht banknote fair by throwing in 2 Irish coins dated 2003 - the 2 Euro-Cents & the 10 Euro-Cents.I was very lucky to pick those up.

Yes,I am collecting the Irish Euro coins by date. Does anyone have the mintage figures,as I am not sure if the figures in Krause are correct,or they've left off the zeroes like they used to?

Aidan.

Offline a3v1

• Meritorious Member
Re: Coins of the British Commonwealth - Euro coins of Ireland.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
Aidan, The mintage figures as published by the Central Bank of Ireland can be found on www.euro-auflagen.de/index.php?lang=en
Regards,
a3v1

Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

BC Numismatics

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:23:19 AM »
A friend of mine from church brought me back the Irish 2006 5 & 10 Euro-Cents,plus the 2005 2 Euro-Cents.I was very pleased to have been given those.

Aidan.

BC Numismatics

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
I've found a few Irish Euro coins that I didn't have while going through John's (my boss) change that he brought back from his recent 3 week trip to Berlin,the Netherlands,London,& Dublin,plus one Irish Euro error coin.

One day,I will be getting them posted up into my galleries.

Aidan.