News:

Read all about the Grand Numismatic Alliance

Main Menu

(Creepy Stuff) - Snake In Atm

Started by Bimat, May 12, 2020, 08:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

Next time you visit an ATM, you might want to be more careful. ;)

News Link

Video 1

Video 2

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

Amazing acrobatics that make me feel the snake had been there all along and people noticed only recently. Knowing India a little bit, the snake has been caught and released in a rather less financial environment.

Still, there is another explanation. The article you link to notes that a few days ago, a monkey damaged an ATM. Snakes eat monkeys. Do snakes read newspapers also? Or was it put there to deter monkey business?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

FosseWay

I'm wondering what the purpose is of a hole in an ATM of the right size and shape to admit a snake of that size. The ATMs I'm familiar with have slot-shaped orifices for the insertion of a card and the emission of banknotes. Even the small black snakes we get here (snokar, don't know the English word) would have a problem getting into an ATM.

brandm24

Makes you want to keep your money under the mattress, doesn't it?  ;D

Bruce
Always Faithful

Figleaf

Quote from: FosseWay on May 12, 2020, 10:21:06 AM
I'm wondering what the purpose is of a hole in an ATM of the right size and shape to admit a snake of that size. The ATMs I'm familiar with have slot-shaped orifices for the insertion of a card and the emission of banknotes. Even the small black snakes we get here (snokar, don't know the English word) would have a problem getting into an ATM.

Makes sense to me. Akbar dams are so thick you need a larger slot, while Swedish plate money is thin. ;D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

More crazy stuff, this time from Powai, a suburb of Mumbai where mostly rich people live, alongside poors.

Deer gets kiss of life after crashing through roof of Mumbai slum - india news -

Adita
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

brandm24

Always Faithful

malj1

A deer which spends a lot of time in my garden. (turn down the sound!)

Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

velind

Quote from: Bimat on May 12, 2020, 08:25:27 AM
Next time you visit an ATM, you might want to be more careful. ;)

News Link

Video 1

Video 2

Aditya

The secret is out!!!

This is how an ATM works. There is a snake in every ATM which checks the card, PIN and then dispenses the cash. Fool proof method!!!

That explains the orifice matching to the size of the snake.......

Anyways, the particular orifice in the ATM is supposed to contain a camera. Which in this particular case is missing.

FosseWay

Quote from: velind on May 13, 2020, 07:23:14 AM
The secret is out!!!

This is how an ATM works. There is a snake in every ATM which checks the card, PIN and then dispenses the cash. Fool proof method!!!

It's the perfect profession for an adder, I suppose ;)

QuoteAnyways, the particular orifice in the ATM is supposed to contain a camera. Which in this particular case is missing.

Ah, OK. That makes sense. I don't think you get cameras in ATMs here; instead there are often CCTV cameras on buildings overlooking where the ATM is.

BTW Malcolm: How do you get your deer to just eat grass? If ours did that I wouldn't be tempted to go and buy a gun the whole time! Ours eat anything we've deliberately planted. Even toxic stuff that has a label on it in the garden centre saying deer don't like it. We have been spared the herds of rampaging pigs so far, though, but they're not far away.

malj1

QuoteBTW Malcolm: How do you get your deer to just eat grass? If ours did that I wouldn't be tempted to go and buy a gun the whole time! Ours eat anything we've deliberately planted. Even toxic stuff that has a label on it in the garden centre saying deer don't like it. We have been spared the herds of rampaging pigs so far, though, but they're not far away.

They seem happy whilst there is plenty of grass to eat and rarely touch anything else. In midsummer they sometimes get a bit destructive when food is short.
Malcolm

Bimat

Ever had a dream to give a cold water shower to King Cobra? ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrvq9JZcxWs

Aditya

malj1

Spare a thought for the telephone technicians too, this coloured cable is rather thick. (Australia)

98.jpg
Malcolm

brandm24

I never did like telephones. Like them even less now.

Do you know how much they pay those telephone techs, Mal. Probably not enough for any of them to venture into that mess. :o

Bruce
Always Faithful