News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Banknote Catalog for Indian Princely States

Started by Chatterjee_Soubhik, June 04, 2020, 01:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatterjee_Soubhik

Hi,

As you all know, banknotes from the Indian Princely States are not listed in the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money- General Issues, 1368–1960 by George S.Cuhaj. This is a problem as I'm yet to find another substitute catalog for paper money from the Indian Princely States. From what I found on a few google searches were numerous blogs on Paper Money from the Princely States, but none of them are, to say, complete in any sense.

What do you use, or recommend using in this situation? Is there any catalog for IPS banknotes which I'm missing out on? Please help.

regards,
Soubhik.

Attached: Page 4 Contents of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money- General Issues, 1368–1960 by George S.Cuhaj.
Numismatics is the window to the history of the human civilisation.

Pabitra

Soubhik,
You are looking in the wrong catalog.
Krause used to publish three catalog on paper money.
You are looking in the right most one.
The princely states are covered in the left most one.

Pabitra

Also, the reason why there are no books on the subject, will be clear from introduction to the topic in the relevant catalog

Chatterjee_Soubhik

Hi,

I've the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, General and Modern Issues, but I'm yet to find the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, Specialized Issues by George S.Cuhaj. The internet is filled with the pdf s of the previous two (which I already have), but I'm yet to find the later. Does anyone have the pdf/djvu of the text? (Please don't answer buy it on Amazon.)

regards,
Soubhik.
Numismatics is the window to the history of the human civilisation.

Pabitra

This book covers Hyderabad fairly well