Safavid "be-la'nat" falus dated 988 AH counterstamped " 'Adl Tabriz "

Started by andyg, January 22, 2018, 12:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Faut pas confondre les deux côtés. La deuxième image dans le message original (countermark 2.jpg) est analysé à merveille dans la réponse 9. A l'autre côté, on pourrait voir entre le centre et trois heures, un animal. En effet, il me semble que c'est une image, plutôt que des lettres Arabes. Saro fait des miracles. :)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

saro

Quote from: gerard974 on October 17, 2019, 06:27:50 PM
... with one very big imagination i see nothing
Bonsoir Gérard, je reconnais volontiers que pour le lion, ce n'est très net ! :)
This coin and the Zeno one are of the same type and it is possible to read on the Zeno coin a good part of the "be-la'nat" formula (see sketch in reply 9).
I agree with Peter : the "thing" in the central cartouche looks more like an animal with a floral backgound than a persian writing  ???
As "zarb" (+date) is placed below the cartouche, we might expect that the mintname could be placed over it?
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

saro

Quote from: saro on October 17, 2019, 02:47:23 PM
Coming back on this "la'nat" coin dated 988 AH, at time of Shah 'Abbas", I think that it is similar with this one on Zeno, and I again see a lion in a central cartouche... (and below :"zarb 988")
A long time later....  : a similar one is listed on Zeno.
The host coin is well from Tabriz with a lion on reverse ( ;))
I notice that on Zeno it hasn't been identified as a "be-la'nat" coin, however it is...
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)