Author Topic: Delhi Sultanate: Jalal al-Din Radiyya (Raziyya) (AH634–37 AH,1236–40AD), Jital  (Read 3271 times)

Offline noor

sir thanks
can you please write here  the correct legend in obverse and reverse.
regards

Offline Oesho

• Honorary Member
Obv.: al-sultan al-a’zam / jalalat al-dunya wa’l din / malikah iltutmish ibnat / al-sultan nasrat amir / al-mu’minin
Rev.: fi ‘ahd al-imam / al mustansir amir / al-mu’minin;  Circular marginal legend with mint and date only partial readable.

Offline noor

Dear Oesho ,
Sir , thank you for the legends .I believe the legends are same for CG B 56/57/58 and the arrangement is different

Offline Oesho

• Honorary Member
Yes, it is only the difference in arrangment of the legend.

Offline noor

thank you Sir.
What is the legend on Jital of "Radiyya"
is it same or different in Jitals of different mints ?

Offline noor

Previously not visible ,but now visible I can see the beautiful decipher of legends on Jital of Radiyya Sultan by Overlord in the first message of the post .
Thank you sir

Offline Oesho

• Honorary Member
So you see 'time solves all problems'.

Offline noor

wise word by the wiser :)

Offline Gavema

Is this a coin of Razia Sultana? What does the inscriptions on both sides read?

Offline noor

Yes.
for legends, kindly go through the entire topic.

Offline Gavema

Thanks for your reply, Noor.

I would like to know what is the inscription above and in front of the Horse's head in the reverse side.

Above the head is some Persian script. In front of the head it is "MAA" in Devanagri script followed by some other letters which are out of flan. What exactly do they mean?

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Interesting specimen. I think this is not a regular Dehli minted specimen but a contemporary inofficial issue minted somewhere in the western territories.
This due to the coppery color and the arrangement of the text on the Arab text side which does not conform to the known Dehly types.

Above the horseman, to the back of the horseman is "Sri" in Nagari script (off flan). Above the horses head is "Ham" the text continues in front of the horse with "MiRa". So the complete text reads "Sri Hammira", the Indian form of "the Lord Amir".