News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

A token is born and it's virtual!

Started by Figleaf, February 28, 2020, 09:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Quote from: izotz on January 16, 2020, 08:09:13 AM
World of Tokens issues were fixed.

This version doesn't keep the default logo with the sunflower in the upper left corner. It would be easy for me to add it back, but I'd suggest that we agree on our own one. All I need is an image in 135 x 135 pixels.

We looked around the net for ideas. All were unusable, mostly because of bad photo quality and property rights. It became clear that we would have to make something ourselves. Malj1 expressed himself with the proposal below, based on a blank token in his collection. It would turn out to be a key inspiration for the end result. Izotz evidently needed a 135 x135 pixels logo and I proposed that the main ideas of the design should be "token" and "fun". We agreed we should ask our member and pro designer annovi.frizio for help. He graciously agreed. Together, we became the parents of a new logo, a virtual token.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

Well, annovi.frizio doesn't do things half. He came up with an elegant design in silver and in gold. The name of the site in three lines, in a modernistic fantasy font reminiscent of the font malj1 used, takes up the centre. In the background is a globe, expressing the idea of "global"; not only the tokens, but also the membership. The central design is surrounded by a wreath of jumping smiley tokens and tokens with a star, symbolising "fun". The outer circle of pearls in a double solid circle is an idea that is inspired from malj1's proposal. It turns the design from a logo into a token.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

All the parents applauded the design. Our only worry was that the fine detail would be lost in such a small size. Therefore, annovi.frizio went back to his electronic drawing board and made the central part slightly smaller, making place for a larger wreath of fun tokens. Unexpectedly, the change added depth to the design. Here are the final results.

We had a preference for the gold version. It would add a touch of colour to the otherwise largely grayscale pages of World of Tokens. That resulted in a preview of the design in 135 x 135.

Peter

brandm24

I see a lot of thought was put into the design and it shows. I would even describe it as stunning. Job well done everyone.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Figleaf

Our member <k> regularly comes up with designs and correspondence. They illuminate the relation between sponsor and designer with the Mint as go-between. This project gave us practical insight in the process. We learned about the importance of images and ideas given to the designer, who takes them very seriously, whether they were meant as "must have", "nice to have" or "for inspiration". Our respect for designers can only have been increased with our experience.

Thank you Frizio! :thankyou:

Peter

malj1

Well done Frizio!  :rock:

The design is even reminiscent of the Pathe Brothers globe design of a century ago
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

annovi.frizio

thank you for all  :-) 
if you have projects with a well .... economic impact for me... are available ...  :-)
Frizio Graphic Designer
http://www.friziodesign.it/

annovi.frizio

Frizio Graphic Designer
http://www.friziodesign.it/

Figleaf

Don't worry, Frizio, we know what you can do and where to find you. Many design projects are not open to outsiders and others are not widely advertised, but if we find anything that may be of interest to you, we'll make sure you know about it!

Peter