Author Topic: Jahangir: AR Rupee, Lahore, KM 145.11......beautiful ornamental type!  (Read 191 times)

Offline mitresh

• Honorary Member
Mughal Empire, Jahangir, Silver Rupee, Lahore, 11.31g, RY 7, Ilahi month Mihr (Libra), KM 145.11

Superb ornamental type with complete die impressions on both sides and portions of dotted border visible!

This coin is special to me; received on 30 Dec 2019 after waiting exactly 4.25 years for it!

It was put up for sale by a dealer on 30 Sep 2015 and was love at first sight. I missed it though due to net connectivity issues. By the time I saw it, it was already sold. The dealer tried to offer the buyer a little extra premium to let go of the coin for me but the buyer refused (naturally, who would let go such a specimen!). I also tried with the buyer direct when I saw him share this same coin on Facebook later but no luck!

I tried several times during these intervening years but was unsuccessful each time. I did mention to buyer to offer to me first if he ever decided to resell. In frustation, and rage, as I felt the coin righfully belonged to me, and it was just oversight and timing difference that led it slip away from me, I bought several coins of similar type.....but this particular coin lingered on my memory, gave me sleepless nights and constantly appeared in my dreams!! I had others of similar type, even better grade, but NOT this SPECIAL ONE !!

However, surprise..... surprise....the buyer contacted and offered the same coin to me last week, and here it is today with me, after waiting a long 4.25 years.....from 30 Sep 2015 - 30 Dec 2019!!

I'm over the moon..........
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.

Offline jaspersaini

Re: Jahangir: AR Rupee, Lahore, KM 145.11......beautiful ornamental type!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 12:35:14 AM »
Congratulations.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 07:10:16 AM »
Good story with a happy end. If I may be so greedy, can I ask you to post a larger picture?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline mitresh

• Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 02:19:02 PM »
Here you go Peter........
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.