Author Topic: Akbar. Dam, Mint: Urdu Zafar Qarin. Date Alf (struck in Nuktawi Millinium AH 990)  (Read 204 times)

Offline jkk

Personally, I think this coin is super appealing. Deep brown Cu/bronze with just enough crudulation to make the details pop. Little enhancement was needed. 20.4g, 21.3mm. On one side I read T/Z F W M W, then L S W. The fa is very obvious and was my main visual search identifier. On the other, to my eyes it looks fairly muddled, but that's got to be a zarb at top, so this would be the mint: A L F M N Q L W. That tells you just how muddled it looks to me, heh. I might not be accurate but I hope to be close.

Jonathan

Offline Seeker55

Re: Mughal paisa #2?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 01:17:32 AM »
This is it

Zeno - Oriental Coins Database - Akbar, AE Dam, Urdu Zafar Qarin, Alf (=1000)

Akbar copper dam, Urdu Zafar Qarin mint
Date Alf (1000) but struck in 990 AH

The ALF is correct. I respect those who can read any of the letters; I can't and must just try to match patterns.

Offline jkk

Re: Mughal paisa #2?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:16:33 AM »
Marvelous! Thank you very much. It would never have occurred to me that they were just writing out 1000, though I ought to have considered that given the likely timeframe and final fa (that letter's final form is written in a certain distinct way, enough to spot it even without its proper diacritical of one dot above the loop).
Jonathan