Peter Pan amusement park

Started by Figleaf, December 28, 2019, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

It looks a bit modest on Google Maps at Esplanade, Ryde, Isle of Wight, but the token is well executed and shiny-shiny nickelled. Maybe it serves as a souvenir also, as the grounds show no signs of gaming or gambling machines for older children.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

I have both brass and nickel plated examples.

They are probably available from either a machine or a kiosk (or both) for using as ride tokens for the various rides available at the amusement park.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

malj1

Here is the brass example. 27mm
Malcolm

Figleaf

According to reports in Tripadvisor, there are two or three paid rides. I presume the rest is included with an entry ticket. The youngest children like the park best. The park seems to use wrist band these days, so I guess the tokens are from the end of the previous millennium.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

I found this review on trip adviser:

"Great fun, you buy tokens for the outdoor rides, like the helter skelter, the dodgems, the go karts, adults and kids can go on the rides, the carousel, there are also coin operated children's rides, and an amusement arcade."
Date of experience: July 2016
Malcolm