Author Topic: kring b dordrecht  (Read 124 times)

Offline jezuss

kring b dordrecht
« on: October 02, 2019, 09:48:39 AM »
gemeente dordrecht - kring b
33.8 mm brass

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: kring b dordrecht
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 09:17:22 PM »
At least two "circles". Two thoughts:

A parking token. I was so disgusted by the parking situation in Dordrecht it is still the only major city in the Netherlands I never visited. There was at the time one big parking garage that was bursting at the seams and plenty of open places in the streets that could only be used by those who lived in the street. Some system to let people receive guests had to be devised. Maybe this was it?

An identification token. Fire brigade and BB come to mind. BB (protection of the civil population) was a comedy capers attempt to organise post-nuclear bombing help. Since members were seen practicing putting out fires in space suits, these may have served to sort them into the right truck.

There are a fair number of Dutch fire brigade tokens, the first (from the VOC fire brigade in Amsterdam) dating back to the early 18th century.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline FosseWay

• Honorary Member
  • Göteborg, Sverige
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 08:01:10 AM »
Rather large for a parking token?

Fire brigade token could be more likely. There are similar from Gothenburg, where the tokens are marked 1:a, 2:a, 3:e etc for the first, second... hours of response to an incident. These are larger than most tokens, presumably to make them easier to handle while in firefighting gear and in a crisis.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:28:37 PM »
I see that KRING B is counter-stamped into the token so this tells me it should exist, as it was originally made, without this marking too. So other names may also exist ???
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline johnkooij

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 11:30:24 AM »
This is an old identification token of the City, used by the fire brigade and the Police (Ministry of Justice), what is usually the text on the reverse. By this token is the reverse made empty tu use it for counterstamping. The inscription lead obviously to the fire brigade.