Henry Moore exhibition, Vienna 1983

Started by bagerap, October 04, 2019, 08:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagerap

I think that we probably all have a drawer containing "unsolved" items that we go back to from time to time. This is one of mine, and I hope that I've not asked this before.
It's a nicely struck copper medal, 31.5 mm, for the Henry Moore exhibition in Vienna, 1983. The subject is one of his many Mother and Child sculptures  Unless I'm using the wrong search parameters (which is normal) the Google silence on this medal is deafening.
I'm trying to ascertain if it was a souvenir medal or, as is sometimes the case, a ticket
Either way, it's a lovely thing.

malj1

I found a photo and a little information here.

A further search using this further information may help, I will look again later but due to go out very shortly.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Prosit

I have that one and others. It is my understanding that over the years there have been sponsored traveling Art exhibits that moved around the country for a period and this is a souvenir medal.

Dale

Prosit

Here is a similar medal.
I have this one in Brass and Bronze.
It is about 29mm.

Dale

malj1

Malcolm

malj1

Malcolm

malj1

Translated from the German:
23.9.1983: Henry Moore exhibition of the Cultural Office of the City of Vienna

The Cultural Department of the City of Vienna is showing an exhibition of 170 sculptures, graphics and drawings by Henry Moore in the Orangerie in the Palais Auersperg until mid-November. The exhibits have all been created in the last decade, between the 75th and 85th years of Henry Moores . After 20 years, this exhibition marks the first time that a large exhibition dedicated to this artist has been exhibited.
Malcolm

bagerap

Thank you both Dale & Mal. I can put this one to bed now.
It always amazes me that Google seems to give differing results in different cultures. I've had personal experience of this when googling something in Canada and emaiing myself the results to continue once back home. Two out of four of the same search terms failed to produce a matching result in the UK.

malj1

Google has my Location at the bottom of the page, they tell me I can block it, I try but to no avail.

I always use Firefox; with this you can add many search engines and I have found I can add Google UK and get slightly better results.
Malcolm

Henk

There are three more tokens in this series:
Salvador Dali
Marino Marini
François-Auguste-René Rodin

See: https://wertmarkenforum.de/Downloads/Heisler_Marken_Oesterreich-Ungarn.pdf