Author Topic: Mohur or temple token  (Read 203 times)

Offline Panter

Mohur or temple token
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
Hello Everyone,

What are your opinions about this coin?
Is it a real Akbar square Mohur or a later imitation. Weight is 12.88 g. Maybe it could be a heavy mohur or dinar.

Thanks and best regards

Panter

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Mohur or temple token
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:32:22 PM »
Others will be able to tell you more. All I can add is that it is not necessary to hold the coin while taking a photo. It is much safer to put it on a flat surface, like a table and support your phone camera with a whiskey glass. No risk of shaky pictures, no risk of the coin falling or being subjected to your skin fat and your hands remain free to control the light with a simple sheet of white paper. More information in this thread (I like to enlarge the coin until it fills the phone's screen, your mileage may differ.)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline saro

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:17:27 PM »

What are your opinions about this coin?
Is it a real Akbar square Mohur or a later imitation. Weight is 12.88 g. Maybe it could be a heavy mohur or dinar.
My opinion is that's a later imitation of a mohur"Urdu Zafar Qarin" dated alif / 1000)"
If you compare with another UZQ mohur : the script is  little blundered (see mint name and top line), diacritical dots are absent, there is a "r" before"zarb" (bottom right) and the weight of a heavy mohur doesn't exceed 12,3g. 
I could be wrong, of course...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:42:12 PM by saro »
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Offline Panter

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 01:33:47 PM »
Thanks friends.
Peter, I will do as you suggest. Am kind of new to this hobby.
Regarding this Mohur, if it is an imitation, then it's just my luck. The seller confirmed it to be an origional. It sure is pretty though.

Best regards

Panter

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
Regarding this Mohur, if it is an imitation, then it's just my luck. The seller confirmed it to be an origional. It sure is pretty though.
Best regards
Panter
If the seller has guaranteed it as an original, you should return it and ask for a full refund. Genuine sellers, if they have made a mistake, accept return for full refund.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"