Author Topic: Gujarat sultans, G unlisted, Ahmadshah-III AE falus of 80 rati, 965 AH  (Read 53 times)

Offline drnsreedhar

Here is an unlisted coin of Ahmad shah-III.
Obverse of the coin reads “al muhamid al muztazim”, the signature of Ahmadshah-III on his coins. This matches with the obverse of G526 G&G. Expected legend on the reverse is “Ahmad shah bin Mahmud shah al sultan amar”. None of the illustrations match with the coin’s reverse. Something that could be part of “amar” is visible. One loop may be the initial part of Mahmud. These are all guesses only. Date “965” is very clear. Weight corresponds to 80 rati falus. So this is a falus of 80 rati standard issued by Ahamad shah-III. This particular variety seems unlisted.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:09:28 AM by THCoins »
Dr.Sreedhar

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Gujarat sultans, G unlisted, Ahmadshah-III AE falus of 80 rati, 965 AH
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 01:56:06 AM »
 :applause: :thumbsup:

A discovery coin. Your analysis is convincing. You have chosen a fine collecting field, where such pleasant surprises still occur with some regularity. TFP!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline drnsreedhar

Re: Gujarat sultans, G unlisted, Ahmadshah-III AE falus of 80 rati, 965 AH
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 06:10:56 AM »
Thank you Peter. It is the knowledge that WoC imparted to me that made me able to better understand a lot of my coins. So with a revisit of my old collection, I could find that there were these ones, the gems that so far escaped attention. TFP yes, or Knowledge For Photo (KFP)! ;D
Dr.Sreedhar