Author Topic: Chinese coin forum  (Read 186 times)

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Chinese coin forum
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:30:49 PM »
In this story, it seems that I am the criminal. I was looking for pictures of Chinese telephone tokens. Auntie Google took me to the "Chinese Coin Forum". I found that one guy, saying of himself that he was an expat coin dealer in China, was posting interesting pictures. He had posted his email address, so I wrote him, telling him about the project and asking permission to use his pictures. He didn't answer. Meanwhile, I found that some of his pictures of scarce material were taken from other sources. I don't know if he had permission or not, but wondered why these pictures were so grainy.

Today, Auntie Google led me back to the site. I got: "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! This ban is not set to expire." If asking permission to use a picture is enough to get you banned forever, what should I think of the legality of the pictures posted there? >:(

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Re: Chinese coin forum
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »
Sorry to hear about your experience. But nothing to blame yourself, you followed the correct path !