Author Topic: Asian telephone tokens  (Read 408 times)

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Asian telephone tokens
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:50:59 PM »
I have added pages for the telephone tokens of Pakistan, Philippines and Singapore. I would highly appreciate rights free pictures of these tokens, as we have only a few.

The same goes for Chinese telephone tokens. I am still working on that page. Hong Kong and Taiwan are well covered, but I need to add more Chinese national and local tokens and create a sub-table for private issues. Pictures would be very welcome indeed.

I also need help with Chinese characters and their translation. Many are the same, so it shouldn't be too burdensome. It's just that I am pretty helpless with Chinese. :(

Of course, your name will appear wherever you donated a picture. Go for eternal glory on WoT! ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Asian telephone tokens
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:53:10 AM »
With the material on WoT, I made a presentation on the subject of Asian telephone tokens. This presentation was used in the 2019 meeting of the ONS in Leiden. If you want a copy of the presentation, just send me a PM to let me know.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.