Author Topic: Belgium 2020: International Year of Plant Health  (Read 759 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
Belgium 2020: International Year of Plant Health
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
In February 2020 Belgium is going to issue a 2 euro commemorative coin for the International Year of Plant Health. 600,000 pieces of the coin will be released into general circulation. It is the first time since 2016 that  a Belgian commemorative coin will also be released into general circulation.

Source: Euromunter

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
Re: Belgium 2020: International Year of Plant Health
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
I am glad that Belgium will finally issue a 2 euro commemorative coin again into general circulation. It is a very bad theme though.

Offline redlock

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 08:29:21 PM »
In February 2020 Belgium is going to issue a 2 euro commemorative coin for the International Year of Plant Health. 600,000 pieces of the coin will be released into general circulation.

I am also glad that Belgium finally issues €2 commemoratives into actual circulation. That's what they were meant for. Sadly, the other €2 will not.
But I guess, little progress is better than none at all.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 12:10:57 AM »
Still a pretty flimsy excuse for a commemorative.

Personally, I do not wish nettles good health :-X

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 12:53:50 AM »
As for the theme or occasion, well, why not. But the design ... is simply a copy of the IYPH logo. :(

Christian

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »
I may be wrong here but my observation is that it's easier to get a BU coincard version of this coin rather than the loose unc coin. Of course the coin card costs more, but those are abundantly available on online platforms, not so with unc coins....

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 04:10:55 PM »
I may be wrong here but my observation is that it's easier to get a BU coincard version of this coin rather than the loose unc coin. Of course the coin card costs more, but those are abundantly available on online platforms, not so with unc coins....

Aditya

The UNC version has not yet been released. The mixed rolls of the Plant Health 2 euro coin will only be released at the end of this year or early 2021.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 02:22:29 PM »
The UNC version has not yet been released. The mixed rolls of the Plant Health 2 euro coin will only be released at the end of this year or early 2021.

Good to know, thanks! So I was looking at the pre-sales....

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.