Pre-Lincoln

Started by gpimper, July 29, 2019, 11:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpimper

My daughter and I found a batch of 150 pre-Lincoln pennies.  Unsearched :-)  Should get here today...now that will be fun!  We'll post what we find.
The Chief...aka Greg

brandm24

A batch of Indian Heads then? That will be fun to search, Chief.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Prosit

Yep should be a lot of fun. Also when you get through if you have any duplicates you can't use I am looking for a few dates of Indians for my circulated grade set....that doesn't imply I have a higher grade set, I don't. But I wanted to work on a circulated set.
I have six so far...I think.

Dale

gpimper

I'll let you know what we find.  If there are any wheat backs that you are looking for we have been collecting for years and have a few hundred...ok, thousands :-)
The Chief...aka Greg

Prosit

Pretty sure the few of those I need are expensive.

Dale

Quote from: gpimper on July 31, 2019, 12:32:16 AM
I'll let you know what we find.  If there are any wheat backs that you are looking for we have been collecting for years and have a few hundred...ok, thousands :-)

gpimper

Update...pretty disappointed with this batch.  Not as advertised but we did pick out a few gems.
The Chief...aka Greg

brandm24

Sorry you didn't find much, Chief. To me the fun part is the search, but finding something special sweetens the pot.

Bruce
Always Faithful

gpimper

Bruce, I agree, it's about the hobby!  The 1909 VDB was a pleasant surprise.
The Chief...aka Greg

Prosit

What is the date on the flying eagle?

The 1857 in about that condition tends to sell retail at around $25-30 USD and a similar price for the 1858.
Any collector of types need one (so demand is strong) as the 1856 was a pattern and no other dates were minted.

Actual damage on a coin will drop the price but I don't think any flying eagle cent goes completely unwanted by someone.

Dale

gpimper

Dale, looks like an 1858 for the flying eagle.  2 Cent is an 1866.  Good finds both :-)  That 1906 Indian is in VF condition at the least.  Not what we were hoping for but some cool stuff.  Check your mail in a day or two.
The Chief...aka Greg

gpimper

Pretty Indian head... That 1882 isn't to bad, either :-)
The Chief...aka Greg