Author Topic: UK Commemorative coins for 2019  (Read 24102 times)

Offline Alan71

• Honorary Member
  • Derby, UK
Re: UK Commemorative coins for 2019
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2020, 06:37:12 PM »
Yes, I ordered the Megalosaurus one as well.  At face value and free postage, it’s a no-brainer.  I don’t really understand why they’re doing it though.  By paying postage, they’re making a loss on these.  Presumably profits on the full-price products are so high that they can afford it.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »
Perhaps they were after your name and address or your email address so they can spam you for the rest of your life and beyond? Remember that in a few months, the UK will no longer have GDPR on the books.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2020, 09:11:27 PM »
Perhaps they were after your name and address or your email address so they can spam you for the rest of your life and beyond?

Considering that the Westminster Collection is the largest coin dealer in the UK, I am sure they will have already had the details of Deeman and Alan71 anyway. ;)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2020, 09:42:42 PM »
They wouldn't be after collectors. Their commercial targets would be the get-rich-quickly crowd as that is who the UK mint are targeting.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.