Comments on: Junagadh Mint under Islamic Dynasties.

Started by abhinumis, June 30, 2019, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abhinumis

Nicely done.  Waiting for you to fill the missing gaps
Dr.Abhishek

Figleaf

A magnificent contribution, asm. Read it with great pleasure. Thank you. If the coins that you haven't posted yet are as delightful as the ones we can see, we are in for another treat, let alone if you decide to cover the following period also (the comments can be collected in a separate thread.) May this thread, going beyond coins by placing them in their historic context, serve as inspiration for others.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

asm

Quote from: Figleaf on July 03, 2019, 08:49:15 AM
A magnificent contribution, asm. Read it with great pleasure. Thank you. If the coins that you haven't posted yet are as delightful as the ones we can see, we are in for another treat, let alone if you decide to cover the following period also (the comments can be collected in a separate thread.) May this thread, going beyond coins by placing them in their historic context, serve as inspiration for others.

Peter

Yes, Peter. I am working on the other images. May take some time as I find time only on Sunday afternoons to click the coins under sunlight and these days, the clouds play havoc with my schedule.

I believe it may serve a good purpose to split the comments section when I add the IPS part so that the complete post could serve a good educational purpose.

I stopped short on the text as the entire period I have covered goes across three boards - The Islamic Sultanates, The Mughal period and the IPS period........... but in a historical context of one state, I believe it should stay together.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Figleaf

The content of the thread is more important than the boards. We'll find a good way to present it. Don't worry.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.