Author Topic: Fake invoices for Nomos auction through security breach at Sixbid  (Read 234 times)

Offline Pellinore

• Honorary Member
    • Some numismatic books for sale on our website
Some time ago, the Sixbid coin auction platform was hacked. Users were plagued with spam, but now apparently bidders through the platform receive fake invoices with all the nasty consequences. I'm placing it in this category, because Nomos sells many good ancient Greek coins.

This is how Sixbid puts it: "ATTENTION: Be aware of fake invoices, fake "second chance offers" and “Winning bid confirmations” by email. Criminals are currently sending faked invoices for faked winning bids. Please ignore them as they are not from the auction house".

-- Paul

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Fake invoices for Nomos auction through security breach at Sixbid
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 10:25:45 PM »
It is good that they warn they clients. It is very good that you spread the warning. It will be even better when they improve the security of their site. If you don't lock your front door, the burglars are still burglars, but you need at the minimum learn the lesson that you should lock your front door.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Pellinore

• Honorary Member
    • Some numismatic books for sale on our website
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 11:05:20 PM »
I think too, that Sixbid should be more forthcoming. They will lose customers if they pretend nothing has happened.
And this is a huge warning to all websites (including our own).

-- Paul

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:01:00 AM »
I have an account there and this is the first time I hear about this. There also appears to be no clear information whatsoever on what exactly happened. So I am not happy at all about the way in which they are dealing with this. I had at least expected to receive an email from them.

Offline Gusev

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
I also received a warning letter from  Sixbid .
For me, this site remains reliable.

Eurocoin, I think it will be useful for you to make a request to the administration  Sixbid.

Igor
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.