Author Topic: Turks dynasty of Dehli, D0046, Shams al-Din Iltutmish, Jital, Nandana mint  (Read 84 times)

Offline sarwar khan

Sultan - Shams al- din Iltutmish شَمْسُ ٱلْدِّين إِلْتُتْمِش
 (AD 1211–1236)
Weight - 3.52 gram
Mint - Nandana mint
Reference -  G&G D 46
Obv - Bull to left 'iltitmi' in Nagari above
Rev - Horseman to right 'hamira' above
Condition - Very fine

After 1224AD, Delhi ruler Iltutmish expanded his power westwards. Around 1229AD Delhi forces fell upon Özbeg Bei and overtook Nandana. It is likely that the typical Nandana style Jitals in the name of Iltutmish were struck between this date and the death of Iltutmish in 1236AD.
Again this type is rare, although the Goron &Goenka catalog describe them as merely scarce.

Regards
Muhammad Sarwar Khan
Jabalpur
Madhya pradesh

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
See you are gradually completing most of the Dehli series. Again a nice step !
Can you still find these locally where you live, or do you also have to resort to the internet to get these ?

Offline sarwar khan

See you are gradually completing most of the Dehli series. Again a nice step !
Can you still find these locally where you live, or do you also have to resort to the internet to get these ?
THCoins sir yes have to resort to the internet to get coins. I have bought 150 coin of B/H type in which nandana mint iltutmish  & also a 4 or 6 coins of khalif beg comes out in these lot

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
I already thought that you had tapped into a bigger hoard. It seems that there were some very big hoard finds recently which are now slowly pouring into the market. It is a pity we do not know the exact origin of these as relatively many previously scarce types seem to emerge.