Author Topic: Zeno  (Read 141 times)

Offline gpimper

Zeno
« on: April 12, 2019, 03:47:21 AM »
I'm unfamiliar with Zeno.  I've seen it referenced several times by folks who I feel are very experienced.  Live and learn :-)
The Chief...aka Greg

Offline altaycoins

• altaycoins.com
Re: Zeno
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:03:40 AM »
zeno references refers to coins in the "Zeno.ru - Oriental Coins Database". It has more than 200.000 items. Also there are many great numismats hanging around there which makes it an amazing place. Unfortunately since about 2-3 years they don't accept new membership.

Offline gpimper

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 02:32:03 AM »
Thank you.  That is what I'm looking for.  Any idea why they aren't taking new accounts?  I have a large mess of coins that I'm not sure what to do with (other than over clean and research).  Just looking for a direction.  Thank you!
The Chief...aka Greg

Offline Overlord

• Honorary Member
  • Tamdiu discendum est, quamdiu vivas
    • Collect Old Coins
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 05:33:17 AM »
Zeno is an online database with reasonably strict guidelines on images to mainitain consistency. It is not a discussion board like WoC. I believe they keep a cap on members to have an easier time maintaining these standards as well as keep a tab on the amount of data that is uploaded.

Offline Gusev

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 07:59:09 AM »
Zeno is an online database with reasonably strict guidelines on images to mainitain consistency. It is not a discussion board like WoC. I believe they keep a cap on members to have an easier time maintaining these standards as well as keep a tab on the amount of data that is uploaded.

Yes it is.

That is what I'm looking for.  Any idea why they aren't taking new accounts?  I have a large mess of coins that I'm not sure what to do with (other than over clean and research).  Just looking for a direction. 

There are registered Zeno members on WoG.
Therefore, through them you can place your interesting coins on Zeno.
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.

Offline gpimper

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:22 AM »
Outstanding!  Thank you!
The Chief...aka Greg