Author Topic: Sultans of Dehli, Abu Bakr Shah, Billon 1/3 Tanka  (Read 97 times)

Online capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
Sultans of Dehli, Abu Bakr Shah, Billon 1/3 Tanka
« on: April 06, 2019, 12:10:51 PM »
another scarce type discovered in a mixed lot,  1/3 tanka with the name of caliph Abu' Abd Allah

D572
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:47:55 AM by capnbirdseye »
Vic

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Re: Sultans of Dehli, Abu Bakr Shah, Billon 1/3 Tanka
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »
Nice continuous stream of fresh specimen you keep producing ! I am slowing starting to believe that you buy those mixed hoards by the kilo lately !

Online capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »
Nice continuous stream of fresh specimen you keep producing ! I am slowing starting to believe that you buy those mixed hoards by the kilo lately !

A whole kilo  8) I wish I could but those days are gone as too many people know how popular Indian/Islamic coins are. This was in a lot of 91 coins, I had been buying coins from this seller on and off and asked how many more Islamic/Indian types he had to list and would he be interested in a private sale. Needless to say we struck a deal!
 I think the biggest prize out of the lot was the superb full flan Awadh Falus of Brijis Qadr, struck during the mutiny. If that had remained on Ebay for a week it would have probably attracted 4 times the price I paid for the entire lot  :o
Vic

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »
E-bay has not produced anything relevant for me lately. I get private offers, but i don't know anymore what to do with the 95 % of lot contents which is always the same plain common stuff. But keeping my eyes open untill now has offered some great bargains, so i just have to be patient.
(And in the meanwhile i am tidying some categories on Zeno)

Offline Tariq

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »
I hope someday even I may find such type of coins ;)

Congrats

Offline gpimper

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 02:41:58 AM »
That is nice!
The Chief...aka Greg