Author Topic: 2 stuiver 1675 zeeland very rare coin  (Read 264 times)

Offline maarten89

2 stuiver 1675 zeeland very rare coin
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »
One of the rarest coin collection 1 en 2 stuiver from holland. I have more than 300 differents years . This one is the most rarest one. I never seen a second one of this year.
1675 zeeland.

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Re: 2 stuiver 1675 zeeland very rare coin
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »
Nice ! I shifted my focus in the past from Dutch provincial to oriental. Your posts get me tempted to look closer to home again !
To keep your coin company, here a stuiver from about the same period.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 10:27:04 PM »
Sorry, Maarten, but I don't think this coin is genuine. The biggest problem is the border. On every piece I remember, have looked up in my books and on the net, the double stuivers (and the stuivers, for that matter) where at least part of the border is still visible, I have seen a toothed border (sometimes it looks like a pearl border.) None has the tulip border on yours.

Instinctively, I would take this for a contemporary counterfeit, though I can't explain why a forger would make his own life more difficult with a decorative border. Can you give us the exact weight of the coin?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline maarten89

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »
Sorry, Maarten, but I don't think this coin is genuine. The biggest problem is the border. On every piece I remember, have looked up in my books and on the net, the double stuivers (and the stuivers, for that matter) where at least part of the border is still visible, I have seen a toothed border (sometimes it looks like a pearl border.) None has the tulip border on yours.

Instinctively, I would take this for a contemporary counterfeit, though I can't explain why a forger would make his own life more difficult with a decorative border. Can you give us the exact weight of the coin?

Peter
Tomorrow you  get  the exact  Weight. Tom Passon maker of the catalogi  about the coins  of the netherlands have seen it with his  own  eyes. He told my that was a good  an. Tulp  border exist  but you never see  them.