Author Topic: Dog show medals  (Read 138 times)

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
Dog show medals
« on: February 20, 2019, 10:14:51 PM »
I noticed that Mr Redwine had contributed a fine post on dog society medals which reminded me that I had a slightly bizzare collection ofwhat I think may be dog show prizes or maybe just souvenirs,

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
Re: Dog show medals
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:15:29 PM »
2)

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »
3)

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »
4)

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:18:21 PM »
The medal above is the one that started it all. It is from the Bengal Presidency Kennel Club.

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »
    On some pics, I cannot read the legends, but here's what I can tell you, in order posted:
    • Rotterdam. Ahoy is the city's largest event hall. The tower is Euromast in Rotterdam
    • legends not clear to me.
    • Amsterdam is the location of the Cynophilia dog club. KON. NED. stands for Koninklijke Nederlandse (Royal Dutch)
    • Arms are Belgian, Limburg is divided between Belgium and the Netherlands.
    • A-Z ???
    • Leeuwarden is in the North of the Netherlands. The tower is Oldehove. K.C.F. may be Kennel Club Friesland.
    • Illegible. My best guess is Nijmegen, in the East of the Netherlands. If so, the tower is St. Stephen's church tower (Stevenskerk)
    • Kortrijk/Courtrai is in Belgium
    • Can't read the legend. The tower looks like the one in the Brabanthallen complex in Den Bosch. That complex houses annual dog shows.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »
Thank you Peter. Enormous lover of dogs though I am, I think this collection was accidental. IIRC it was the residue of a joblot from Utrecht which contained a much sought after Spanish medal.