Dog show medals

Started by bagerap, February 20, 2019, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagerap

I noticed that Mr Redwine had contributed a fine post on dog society medals which reminded me that I had a slightly bizzare collection ofwhat I think may be dog show prizes or maybe just souvenirs,

bagerap

The medal above is the one that started it all. It is from the Bengal Presidency Kennel Club.

Figleaf

On some pics, I cannot read the legends, but here's what I can tell you, in order posted:

• Rotterdam. Ahoy is the city's largest event hall. The tower is Euromast in Rotterdam
    • legends not clear to me.
    • Amsterdam is the location of the Cynophilia dog club. KON. NED. stands for Koninklijke Nederlandse (Royal Dutch)
    • Arms are Belgian, Limburg is divided between Belgium and the Netherlands.
    • A-Z ???
    • Leeuwarden is in the North of the Netherlands. The tower is Oldehove. K.C.F. may be Kennel Club Friesland.
    • Illegible. My best guess is Nijmegen, in the East of the Netherlands. If so, the tower is St. Stephen's church tower (Stevenskerk)
    • Kortrijk/Courtrai is in Belgium
    • Can't read the legend. The tower looks like the one in the Brabanthallen complex in Den Bosch. That complex houses annual dog shows.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bagerap

Thank you Peter. Enormous lover of dogs though I am, I think this collection was accidental. IIRC it was the residue of a joblot from Utrecht which contained a much sought after Spanish medal.