gerard974

Hello
is this considered like a bank token?

url=https://servimg.com/view/14892087/1392][/url]

url=https://servimg.com/view/14892087/1393][/url]
best regards Gerard

i am sorry is one problem with "serving i sent one other time to day

Figleaf

It is without doubt a token of a bank. I think the most likely way it was used is for people who had a numbered private locker at the bank. After identifying themselves to a trusted employee upstairs, they would have been sent downstairs with the token, where, upon presentation of the token, a guard would give them access to the room and give them the keys to their private locker. In this way, the keys could be kept at the bank and the guard could not connect a locker number with a client name. This would be good practice if your guard needs to be a wardrobe-shaped big bully with a baseball club or if there is so little demand for access that it is not economical to post a trained bank employee downstairs.

A less likely possibility (the token looks too good for this option) is that the token was given to a client for identification at the cashier's window. This was accepted practice in Indian banks.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

Banque malgache D'escompte et de credit Tananmarive

I prefer the second option - a queuing token.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

gerard974

hello
thank you for your reply .
on Ebay is one people who have one big Numismatic websiie ,when you see the price is crazy
MADAGASCAR : TRES RARE JETON BANQUE MALGACHE D'ESCOMPTE & DE CREDIT -

Best regards Gerard

maybee this association intersted you ?
L?Association | ACJM - Association des Collectionneurs de Jetons-Monnaie

malj1

I'll save the image and size etc.

Laiton 10,2 g ; 40 mm
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.