Author Topic: Nawanagar - First issue in the name of Jam Sataji  (Read 104 times)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Nawanagar - First issue in the name of Jam Sataji
« on: January 23, 2019, 06:40:43 AM »
Records indicate that coins of Nawanagar were first minted during the reign of Jam Shri Sataji. These coins had not come to light and it was presumed that certain coins with the legend Shri Jam were the first issues.

Some time back, I say some coins with the legend showing Shri Sa on them and picked them up. I have been trying to find similar coins listed elsewhere but have not been able to find them.

In my opinion, these would be the coins issued in the name of Jam shri Sataji of Nawanagar.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Nawanagar - First issue in the name of Jam Sataji
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »
Great find, asm. Not just a type, but a reign discovery! Your reasoning appeals to me, but I don't have the expertise to confirm or reason against. I very much hope you are right, so other reactions would be welcome.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline sarwar khan

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »
Records indicate that coins of Nawanagar were first minted during the reign of Jam Shri Sataji. These coins had not come to light and it was presumed that certain coins with the legend Shri Jam were the first issues.

Some time back, I say some coins with the legend showing Shri Sa on them and picked them up. I have been trying to find similar coins listed elsewhere but have not been able to find them.

In my opinion, these would be the coins issued in the name of Jam shri Sataji of Nawanagar.

Amit
Nice coin asm sir

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »
Perhaps a PM to Oesho would be in order? This potential discovery is too important to pass by.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.