Author Topic: France 2019 Numismatic Program  (Read 163 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
France 2019 Numismatic Program
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:28:48 PM »
This year the French mint (Monnaie de Paris) will once again flood the market wi--I mean, the mint will issue several commemorative and collector coins. :) Here is the full program for 2019.

Of particular interest is the "Berlin Wall" coin series which reminds of the fall of the Wall in 1989, thus 30 years ago. Partly because, unlike Germany*, several European countries including France plan to issue coins on that occasion. But also because one of the coin types that will be issued comes with an interesting optical effect.

Looks like one of these big pieces that the Wall consisted of, with a vertical part and a horizontal base, right? Mais non, ça sera plat. 8) Flat as a ... coin. Monnaie Magazine illustrates that nicely.

(* Germany sometimes seems to focus on "one year later". For example, was there a coin that would have commemorated the 1918 revolution and the end of WW1? Nah, instead we have the Weimar Constitution issue this year. Similarly, there is a "Unity" coin, remembering 1990, almost every five years, but never a Fall of the Wall coin.)

Christian

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
Re: France 2019 Numismatic Program
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 12:41:50 PM »
hello
Do you know, for the 2019 circulation coins ,what coins will be minted in France ?
best regards Gerard

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 01:36:20 PM »
Sorry, I don't know. The 2019 program refers to products that the mint can make a profit with. ;)  I just checked a private euro mintages site (in German; this is the page about France), but it does not say anything about 2019 either ...

Christian

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
Hello Christian
thank you very much for your reply
Best regards gerard