News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Artuqids of Mardin: Najm al-Din Alpi. Æ portrait type Dirham

Started by capnbirdseye, January 03, 2019, 10:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnbirdseye

Artuqids of Mardin: Najm al-Din Alpi. (547-572 AH) Æ Dirham,   11.76g

I treated myself to this superb museum quality coin,  probably in as good  a condition as possible with these as there are several on zeno in poor condition
Vic

Manzikert

Ah! I think I might have been the underbidder on this one. I have both 30.1 and 30.2, but this is much better than either of mine.

Alan

capnbirdseye

Quote from: Manzikert on January 03, 2019, 11:19:27 AM
Ah! I think I might have been the underbidder on this one. I have both 30.1 and 30.2, but this is much better than either of mine.

Alan

I wondered who had help ramp the bidding up  :D
Vic

THCoins

And you are lucky, still. I did notice this one too. Very attractive with the high relief faces ! I only abstained from bidding for budgettary reasons.

capnbirdseye

Quote from: THCoins on January 03, 2019, 05:52:22 PM
And you are lucky, still. I did notice this one too. Very attractive with the high relief faces ! I only abstained from bidding for budgettary reasons.

I don't usually buy coins anywhere near the price of this, the enjoyment for me is usually finding unidentified treasures that nobody else spotted. This was so attractive I decided to let Santa Claus buy it for me. One more bid & I would have lost it. :o

I just noticed it is struck from the same dies as the one Quant.Geek posted on zeno and on WoC here]
Vic

Kamnaskires

Pellinore

Great coin, one of very few in real good quality.

-- Paul