Author Topic: Liechtenstein 2019 Collector Coins  (Read 566 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
Liechtenstein 2019 Collector Coins
« on: December 24, 2018, 07:09:41 PM »
In 2019 Liechtenstein celebrates the 300th anniversary of, well, Liechtenstein. :) "On 23 January 1719, Charles VI [HRE Emperor] created the new principality of Liechtenstein from the domains of Seigneury of Schellenberg and County of Vaduz, which were both held by the Liechtenstein family." (Wikipedia)

The attached image is taken from the WMF catalog. Apparently several several gold and silver coins will be issued on this occasion, and I suppose they will all depict Anton Florian, the first prince of the principality. Mintages, prices, etc. unknown as far as I am concerned ...

Christian

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Liechtenstein 2019 Collector Coins
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 07:25:10 AM »
Does Liechtenstein issue collector coins regularly? I don't think so. The only Liechtenstein coins I have are from one of the BU set in the country's name, which actually contains Swiss coins. :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
Re: Liechtenstein 2019 Collector Coins
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
Yes, "regularly" would not quite be the right term. ;D  That will be the second issue in the current millennium; the previous one came out in 2006 ...

Christian

Offline Big_M

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 05:20:05 PM »
These coins were issued by Liechtenstein Post with the rarest ones selling out almost immediately inspite of very steep pricing. I will post issue details and individual pics soon.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:28:17 PM »
Saw this huge poster at the World Money Fair ... Huh?

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 04:30:30 PM »
Ah yes, on the very edge there is an image of (part of) a coin. ::)

Offline Big_M

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »
These coins were issued by Liechtenstein Post with the rarest ones selling out almost immediately inspite of very steep pricing. I will post issue details and individual pics soon.

Apparently, the disappearance of some coins from the web store was only temporary, and the whole series became available again after my previous message.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 07:01:28 PM »
The government of Liechtenstein apparently now has a deal with the -slightly obscure- local company Coin Invest Trust that issues commercial collectors coins for several countries (mainly islands) so I expect to see (many) more collectors coins from Liechtenstein in the future.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:11:50 PM by eurocoin »