Author Topic: Luxembourg 2018: Guillaume I  (Read 77 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
Luxembourg 2018: Guillaume I
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
The second commemorative 2 coin that Luxembourg issues this year is dedicated to Grand Duke Guillaume I (nl: Willem, en: William). He was born in 1772 and died in 1843, thus 175 years ago. Guillaume was also king of the Netherlands (which initially included Belgium); he abdicated in 1840. Wikipedia knows more about him. ;)

Attached is an image from the central bank's (BCL) newsletter. Cannot say the design is exciting, but here it is. Rolls can be purchased from the BCL as from 13 December; one roll (25 coins) costs 62 euro ...

Christian

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
Re: Luxembourg 2018: Guillaume I
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »
From what I have read, they "play" with the marks again. ;) The 300,000 circulation coins will feature the lion (representing Luxembourg) and the caduceus (the Utrecht mintmark). The 7,500 coincard pieces have the Servaas Bridge (Stephan Satijn's mintmaster sign) and the caduceus; the 3,500 proof coins show the lion and the bridge.

Christian

Online eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Re: Luxembourg 2018: Guillaume I
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »
From what I have read, they "play" with the marks again. ;) The 300,000 circulation coins will feature the lion (representing Luxembourg) and the caduceus (the Utrecht mintmark). The 7,500 coincard pieces have the Servaas Bridge (Stephan Satijn's mintmaster sign) and the caduceus; the 3,500 proof coins show the lion and the bridge.

Christian

Surprising they continue to go through the hassle as literally only a hand full of collectors will care about it.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Luxembourg 2018: Guillaume I
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
Surprising they continue to go through the hassle as literally only a hand full of collectors will care about it.

Those 'special' mint mark coins sell like hot cakes! You may be right about number of collectors trying to get them, but those who do, pay hefty sums for them.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (J. K. Rowling)