Author Topic: Half Annas  (Read 607 times)

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
Re: Half Annas
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
Another option is Ebay UK and with sellers from European Union Only.

The current listing shows 252 coins of 1/2 Anna.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Coins/11116/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1/2%20anna%20india&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=3&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Abhay

INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline repindia

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 06:39:25 PM »
I have learned it the hard way not to ship anything from the US to certain countries without tracking or registered mail. I had shipped first class international and most of the times the coins went through fine but then I started losing them. Mind you these were cheap $10 or so coins so not too worried but after that never shipped first class international. Shipping from India is cheap as you can register mail for something like $5 and so suggested that approach. You need to check the treaty between Poland and India and if registered mail from India is trackable all the way or not. I learned it the hard way losing a registered mail in the UAE. The buyer knew that registered mail from the US is not trackable and so claimed he never received the expensive package (I knew he did that since I heard he pulled off this confidence trick of several low amount purchases and then one expensive purchase which goes missing with a couple of other people too!). Now I see if the package is fully trackable by registered mail and if not alternative is global priority express full insurance tracking. I know you can never ship inexpensive coins like this and that is probably why @Robichari is not able to source coins.

Offline Robichari

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
Welcome Robichari!!!

You can also add the later 1/2 Anna Coins to your British India Collection - From George V and George VI reign. You should be able to find Fine Grade coins at much reasonable rates as they are very common and easy to find.

Abhay

Thanks Abhay! I have several coins from George V and VI reign, You are right is much easy to get this coins i good grade, but I am fond of Victorian coppers :)

Offline Robichari

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 09:40:56 PM »
Thanks capnbirdseye and Abhay! I use ebay.com and ebay.co.uk, but in case of some rare coins, if it come to ebay, the prices usually go very high, and my possibility is max 25-30 euro to month ;) Some coins almoust at all dont avaliable on ebay, for example 1/2 anna BII 1862, i looked trough ebays differents countries, and one i can find cost more than 2000 dollars, or 1/2 anna 1875 (i proud this coin) or 1/12 anna 1874, which i think is impossible for me to buy. And for example on indian auction house todywalla or marudharats this coins are appearing more often and cheaper.
From my trying buy on ebay, have met several times buyers, who are not shipping the coins abroad (only USA, UK or India.

Capnbirdseye can You give me the ebay name the sellers from India, who are on ebay.com?

Offline Robichari

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 09:47:10 PM »
Ouau repindia, i dont know about this, maybe yes. Half annas are my favorite coins too :)

Offline Robichari

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 09:55:08 PM »
Ok, its my next coin: 1875 half anna, it was very difficult to find this one

Offline Robichari

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »
And 1/2 anna 1876 vf/xf a rare and good coin

Offline Robichari

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »
1/2 anna 1877 Bombay mint (narrow 7)

Offline Robichari

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »
And my last from half annas 1/2 anna 1877 Calcuta (wide 7)