News:

Read all about the Grand Numismatic Alliance

Main Menu

Genghis and Family

Started by Desibot, November 14, 2018, 09:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desibot

Hi would like everyones thoughts on this collection of Genghis and other Mongol rulers coins as there is so many coins i have attached this link to my gdrive

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1DSxd65otKdP0n6hKZiKeG-zSXN8_mwA1

Thanks

THCoins

Intersting Lot !
Are you planning to buy this, or is this already yours ?
The Genghis name may have a great appeal to many. But actually i see not a single early great Mongol Coin. The majority seems to be made up of Khwarezmshah and Ilkhan coins. Most are common. There are a few interesting coins. Like the one with nr 151/152. This is a scarcer jital issued under Ala-ud-din Khwarezmshah (1200-1220AD) Tye#263. But it is primarily interesting from my collection focus. There are not that many collectors of these.

Anthony

Figleaf

Agreed, looks like a treasure trove. If so, as a whole, it is of scientific interest, as the statistics could be valuable, even more so if you know where the coins were found. I suspect that for a collector, it would be more efficient to buy the exact pieces you want. TH is quite right, demand is limited. If you do buy the lot and want to sell the extras you could try to do that on this site.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Desibot

Hi guys thanks for the info
Ala-ud-din Khwarezmshah is New one in my  vocabulary  :)
i have been offered thid As complete album life time collection
Total around 270 coins. The owners father was a dealer in the 1970 to 80 and he inherited them.
I would pick and choose but he wants to sell complete album if any one interested can pm me.

Thanks for the idea figleaf regarding selling on here didnt think of it   ::) i do have coins for sale i will post soon on here.

Thanks