Author Topic: UAE: Year of Zayed  (Read 165 times)

Offline nino_68

UAE: Year of Zayed
« on: November 10, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »
Little spoiler for you guys but in few days an official announcement will be made regrinding a very nice commemorative coin Year of Zayed.
Size 60mm, 60 grams, 0.915 Silver.

I can't share the design yet, as well a video of the production has been made regarding this coin. I think it will be display internally in their museum and maybe on some TV news.

Keep you posted but one word the coin looks amazing.

Talk soon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:00:29 PM by nino_68 »

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
UAE: Year of Zayed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:40:24 PM »
UAE to reveal special coins, banknote for 47th National Day

Wed 28 Nov 2018 05:54 PM

The Central Bank of the UAE (CBUAE) has revealed that it will issue a commemorative silver coin, a commemorative AED1 coin and an AED100 denomination banknote with the "Year of Zayed" logo to coincide with the 47th National Day.

The CBUAE said that it is issuing the commemorative currency on December 2 to pay tribute to the life of the founding father, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and the pivotal role he had in establishing the UAE.

Mubarak Rashid Al Mansouri, governor of CBUAE, said in comments published by state news agency WAM: "It is very important to commemorate the Zayed Centenary and recognise his essential contribution to the rise and progress of the UAE. These commemorative editions reflect the spirit of the UAEís and highlight the peopleís loyalty to its founding father."

CBUAE will issue 5,000 silver commemorative coins weighing 60 grams each. The front of the coin will feature the logo and the "Year of Zayed - 1918-2018", while the rear will have the phrase "Commemorative Coin".

The back of the AED1 coin will feature the "Year of Zayed 1918-2018" while the front will remain unchanged.

The silver commemorative coin will be available for sale at the Central Bank main office and branches, while the commemorative coin and the special edition AED100 banknote will be introduced into circulation as per the regularly established procedures.

Source: Arabian Business
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (J. K. Rowling)

Offline nino_68

Re: UAE: Year of Zayed
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »
(Not my account, I donít sell on eBay)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UAE-100-Dirham-Commemorative-2018-Year-Of-Zayed-UNC-Coin-Proof-Silver-/401646942842?_ul=NL

I have some hi def picture and the movies about the production of the coin.
I canít upload them via my phone here I have the feeling

Online eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
Indeed a very nicely made coin.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 04:29:24 PM »
I have some hi def picture and the movies about the production of the coin.
I canít upload them via my phone here I have the feeling

Pictures can be scaled down on a site like this one, without loss of detail on a computer screen, but without the possibility to enlarge. If the possibility to enlarge is vital, you can embed and scale the picture with BBCode. Videos can be embedded here if they are posted on YouTube. If you rename, move or change embedded stuff, it will be lost on this site, unless you update the link.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.