Author Topic: T&C 19mm Adv token-Nickel RARE Type  (Read 92 times)

Offline taylorandheaton

T&C 19mm Adv token-Nickel RARE Type
« on: November 04, 2018, 12:24:54 AM »
Not Brass or Bronze,this is PE type,also had ME type as well.

Milled edge below,

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: T&C 19mm Adv token-Nickel RARE Type
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 07:52:37 AM »
What does PE and ME stand for?

Very much in general, a large majority of tokens are scarce to rare by coin standards. As an example, where mintage figures for coffee tokens are available, they range between 2 000 and 200 000 pieces (with the exception of Douwe Egberts.) Yet they remain cheap. Coffee tokens typically sell for €5 maximum. That is due to the disdain many coin collectors have for tokens. Token collectors benefit.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline taylorandheaton

Re: T&C 19mm Adv token-Nickel RARE Type
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:25:21 AM »
What does PE and ME stand for?

Very much in general, a large majority of tokens are scarce to rare by coin standards. As an example, where mintage figures for coffee tokens are available, they range between 2 000 and 200 000 pieces (with the exception of Douwe Egberts.) Yet they remain cheap. Coffee tokens typically sell for €5 maximum. That is due to the disdain many coin collectors have for tokens. Token collectors benefit.

Peter
PE=Plain Edge. Didn't see this type in T&C adv tokens since collected them for years. Only “rare ”in  the T&C adv tokens/medals,not others ,like SP/Patterns...wrong topic talking!Cheers T

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk